St John the Baptist, Penmaen, SA3 2HQ
The original church was probably on the burrows above Three Cliffs Bay. This was besanded in the early 14th century, and probably directly replaced by the present one. From 1230 to 1540 it was owned by the Knights of St John, and restored in the 19th century by two clergy, a father and son called James, who held the benefice for 90 years. There are several memorial tablets of interest in the chancel, the earliest of which is dated 1623: this was under the altar but is now on the north wall.
Ring to arrange viewing: 01792 232928, 371615 or 371334.
For a more detailed history of this church, click HERE