- From the church porch at Ilston, go left through the newer section of the churchyard and through a gate into Ilston Valley.
- Follow the footpath down through the valley towards Parkmill, crossing 7 footbridges, passing the ruins of Ilston Baptist Church on the left as you approach Parkmill. This was the earliest recorded Baptist Church in Wales and has an interesting history going back to 1649.
- The path meets the main South Gower road (A4118) at a gate, with the Gower Inn on the left. Go through the gate, turn right and walk for around 30 yards. There is no pavement here and care must be taken. Cross the road and then cross the stream via the footbridge.
- Turn right and then at the junction, follow the road (Sandy Lane) left up the steep hill.
- Where the road bends to the left, take the unmade road straight ahead and follow this until you reach a road named Linkside. Turn right at Linkside and cross the main Pennard to Southgate road by Pennard School.
- Go straight ahead at the Public Footpath sign, then follow the path to the right, around the school grounds. Don’t take the gate into the playing fields but turn left to come to a stile after 50 yards.
- Take the stile and continue straight on through 3 fields with a further 3 stiles and follow the path through woods.
- Go through the gate into a field and exit the field via a gate on the right-hand side.
- Turn left and follow the bridleway through Hael Farm and then down through woods into Bishopston Valley.
- On reaching the stream, turn left, signposted Bishopston and Kittle.
- Turn left at the junction of paths, up the hill towards the road at Widegate.
- Continue straight along the road until you reach the road at Pennard.
- Cross the road with care and Pennard Church is on the left.
If you are continuing on further on the Pilgrimage Way, please ignore the following request but if this is where you are finishing your pilgrimage, we would be extremely grateful if you would complete a very short survey (2 minutes) by clicking HERE.