- Leaving the churchyard at Llanmadoc church, turn right and follow the road to the entrance to Whiteford Bay Leisure Park. Immediately before this, follow the signed footpath leading to St Madoc’s Christian Centre.
- At the bottom of the hill, turn left along the signed footpath.
- After a few hundred yards, the path is joined by the Wales Coast Path, which will be followed now for most of the remainder of this section.
- At Broughton Bay, the Wales Coast Path runs behind the dunes, but it is possible instead to walk along the beach, rejoining the Coast Path just before the end of the bay, where there is a concrete path through the dunes, leading to a caravan park and an attractive green area.
- Go past the yellow bollards at the entrance to the caravan park, and continue on the tarmac drive through the park, up the hill and curving round to the right. There is a shortage of signage at this point.
- Leave the caravan park, following the path indicated by a Wales Coast Path sign.
- After a short distance, the path forks. Take the left hand fork, which has wooden slats underfoot.
- Follow the Coast Path signs until it descends to the beach at Burry Holms island.
- It is safe to cross to the island and back for around 2.5 hours either side of low tide, but please take great care as this is a dangerous area. There are the ruined remains of a 12th century stone church on the island, which replaced an earlier one said to have been built by the hermit Caradog of Pembrokeshire. There was also a medieval monastic enclosure with connections to St Cenydd, after whom the village of Llangennith is named.
- Continue along the Coast Path, heading south and follow for around a mile, crossing a stream called Diles Lake, until you reach a wide path through the dunes at Hill End. This is the Wales Coast Path, but is not well-signed at this point.
- Follow this path to the Hill End car park and walk up the hill to the entrance to Hill End caravan park.
- At the entrance to the caravan park, turn left and follow the road into Llangennith. You have now left the Wales Coast Path.
- At the junction in the village, turn right and follow the road through the village until you reach Llangennith Church.
If you are continuing on further on the Pilgrimage Way, please ignore the following request but if this is where you are finishing your pilgrimage, we would be extremely grateful if you would complete a very short survey (2 minutes) by clicking HERE.