- Leaving the churchyard at Nicholaston, cross the road with care, turn right and follow the road for around 50 yards to a layby on the left.
- Go through the kissing gate and follow the farm drive, turning right around the farmhouse and through the farm gate.
- Follow the path to the metalled road, and continue along the road.
- As the road starts to descend downhill to the right, follow instead the grassy track straight on. (At this point, there is a yellow ‘danger’ sign on the telegraph pole on the right hand side of the road.)
- Where other paths join, continue straight on, heading for the metalled road that can be seen ahead at Penmaen.
- At the road, turn left and continue along the road to reach Penmaen church on the right.