- Leaving the churchyard at Port Eynon, turn left and follow the road around to the sea front, then turn left in front of the shops.
- Follow the coast path, which is mainly on a board-walk, to Horton.
- Continue along the coast path to Slade, where there is a short diversion inland due to coastal erosion.
- On regaining the coast path, continue past Holy’s Wash and around Oxwich Point.
- The path then leads through the woods, with a steep climb to the top to avoid old quarry workings.
- At a 4-way signposted junction, take the right-hand path marked Oxwich Beach (not the path straight on, marked Oxwich) down steep steps through the woods to reach Oxwich church.